As the fourth industrial revolution continues to create new industries as well as transform legacy sectors, it is important for Indonesia to acquire more sophisticated productive capabilities. The upcoming research dive for development on trade and competitiveness hopes to make a contribution to this cause by enhancing the familiarity of researchers with alternative datasets, as well as sourcing insights on maritime infrastructure improvements, trade connectivity, and e-commerce.
As part of this research dive for development, each team will be assigned to one of the datasets. A dataset with standard economic indicators will be available, but we encourage participants to source their own secondary data for ‘ground truthing’. Specific to each of the datasets, the following research tasks are proposed, and will need to be refined to four key questions, one for each team:
- Task 1 - Analysis of port network connectivity, national or ASEAN-wide, using global marine vessel automatic identification system data
- Task 2 - Analysis of inter-city connectivity in Indonesia, using e-commerce data
- Task 3 - Analysis of proxies in e-commerce data for city-level and national economic trends and shocks
- Task 4 - Analysis of correlations between postal network data and trade network data within ASEAN
If you are interested to apply Research Dive, please fill the form of Expression of Interest, then complete and submit the online application through Research Dive EasyChair site. If you do not have EasyChair account, please sign up by following the instruction on the site.
Before you submit your application, please ensure your supporting documents are ready to be uploaded within one PDF file, including:
- Curriculum Vitae in English without any certificate,
- A recommendation letter in English by anyone who well knows the applicant’s research skills, and
- One page document in English that explains the most and second most interested tasks among the four tasks, covering (a) the applicant’s relevant research experience and (b) her/his ideas for potential approaches to tackle the tasks of interest.
To download the guidelines for sending submission, please click here.
The deadline for complete application is Monday, 24 July 2017 by 23:59 WIB.
Please do not send your application to our email.
Should you have any inquiry, feel free to contact.